This position is filled. Please stay up to date with any future opportunities through this website or through our LinkedIn.
Do you have a background in tech, but are you also interested in social projects? Come work for Migracode Barcelona, the first code school for refugees and migrants in Barcelona. Make a difference for our students by using both your technical and social skills as Head of Education.
Please note that this is a part time position (20 hours a week).
Open Cultural Center is a non-profit organisation that carries out various projects with migrants and refugees in Spain and Greece. Currently, in Barcelona, we have started the Migracode project, sponsored by both local tech companies and the European Union. Migracode is a labour insertion project which includes a eight-month code course for students with a migration background who otherwise would not have the resources to follow education and find new job opportunities.
What will you do?
- Co-coordinate the education program of full stack web development in Barcelona (4 courses of eight months per year)
- Co-manage a volunteering team of over 50 tech volunteers
- Maintain and update our course curriculum based on trends in the tech industry in strong cooperation with the tech volunteers
- Manage the students including coaching, attendance registration, checking homework adherence, checking course progress and keeping them motivated
- Be the educational reference person for the students and redirect them to external parties if necessary;
- Be responsible for organizing and managing the class activities
What do we offer?
- Salary of €11.000 per year (gross salary, based on 20h a week)
- An opportunity to be in the heart of a social, migrant-tech community with many connections in the tech industry
- Many possibilities to develop your own social and tech skills, by interacting with our voluntary instructors who are all professional developers, and by working closely with our diverse group of students
- A flexible schedule
- An opportunity to work in an intercultural team
- The possibility to join transnational meetings with partner NGOs throughout Europe
- Possibility of full time contract after 6 months to 1 year
What are the job requirements?
Have great skills in Excel/Google Sheets and preferably also in other Project Management tools such as Trello, Google Data Studio and/or Slack
Experience in education and/or social sector is preferable
Have the capability to combine your tech skills with your social skills in order to explain technical subjects to people with diverse social and cultural backgrounds
Have an advanced level of spoken and written English, at least basic Spanish level and preferably Catalan
Being flexible and open-minded: we work in a fast-changing environment and you have to be capable to adjust to sudden changes and new developments
Do you think you have what it takes to join our diverse and enthusiastic team in the heart of Barcelona and its tech industry? Apply now and become part of Open Cultural Center and Migracode Barcelona.Apply now
Please send your application in English.