Start a new career in tech
Applications are open for our upcoming courses. You don’t need a technical background – you just need a high motivation to join. Most of our courses are in English, but we also offer a Spanish version (but with the materials in English). We offer two obligated classroom activities per week of four hours each, and between the classes you need to do up to 20 hours of homework.
Why study at Migracode?
No participation costs, free laptop usage and open use of co-working spaces
Connecting you to companies, support with job search and help with job preparations
Become part of our community and get to know people from different backgrounds
What will you learn?
Module 1: HTML & CSS
HTML and CSS are the building blocks of any website and in this module we teach you how to use them well. You will learn how to make responsive, modern websites.
Module 5: React
React is a modern framework that makes creating complex website’s in a reusable way very easy. In this module we teach how React works and why it is a great way to make websites.
Module 6: Databases/Node
Databases and Node go hand in hand and are essential for any modern web application. In this module we teach you how NodeJS operates, while also teaching the theory and implementation of a database.
Module 7: Real Life Project
In the last part of our course, you will work in a small team to develop a product. The project is a simulation of how you would have to work in a tech company, and encourages you to combine all the things you have learned during the course.
Module 8: Soft Skills
Throughout the course, we offer various soft skills trainings to fully prepare you to work in a team inside a tech company. For instance, we offer effective communication trainings, personality trainings and professional writing training sessions.
Find our course schedule and current class plans
Our learning objectives in detail
- Learn how to use Git and the Command Line, and also how to use the related GitHub platform
- Learn how to use project management tools such as Trello, Slack and Cloud Services
- Learn how to think in algorithms and how to search for solutions
- Learn how to use LinkedIn and how to benefit most from this platform
- Learn how to prepare and go through an interview process to get hired by a professional IT company
- Learn how to create and design a professional CV/Resume
General soft skills:
- Learn how to work in a team under supervision of a mentor
- Learn how to communicate effectively through professional communication training
- Learn how to work with people from different cultures and nationalities
- Learn how to cope with work-related stress and how to plan ahead
- Learn how to be proactive in asking things and approaching people
Read the story of a Migracode student from Syria
You can also receive..
We have a internal mental health care team with a social worker and two therapists who are ready to support you
Basic legal support
We have various volunteers who have knowledge about work permits and other legal topics, who will try to help you
We have some great volunteers who can guide you if you feel lost about your career in tech and your future options
If you have children and you cannot afford daycare for them during classes, we have volunteers who can take care of them