Make sure to read the details below before applying. The application form can be found at the end of this page. Applications are in general always open, but if they are closed, there is an opportunity to leave your email address and receive updates about new courses.
IMPORTANT: Read through this page completely before applying!
You must either be a refugee or asylum seeker, OR a migrant from outside the EU not having the opportunities to find work, OR a migrant from outside the EU in a difficult/vulnerable living situation.
You must have an interest in IT or programming. The course is very intensive and will require a lot from you. You need to have intrinsic motivation to learn.
For our the English version of our course you must be able to read, speak and understand English. For the Spanish version of our course you need to be able to read, speak and understand Spanish, but also be able to read English, since our curriculum and instructions are always in English.
You must have documentation to work in Spain OR have the possibility to acquire it within six months after starting the course. This is also in your best interest – without documentation we will not be able to support you in getting a job, unfortunately.
You live in Barcelona or close to Barcelona. This is necessary as we will switch back to in-person classes as soon as the Covid19 situation improves, and we also offer in-person one-to-ones if necessary.
The application process
Apply through our website via the button at the end of this page. In the form you have to include a motivation letter, where you have to explain the following:
- Why you want to join MigraCode
- A bit about your current situation
- Your motivation to become a Web Developer
This part is already extremely important! Motivation is the strongest aspect of our course, as you will need to work a lot to complete our program. After sending the form, we will reply to you as soon as possible to inform you if you can continue with step 2.
2h – 4h
Step 2 is the most difficult step and you will need to take your time for it. This step consists of two parts:
- Follow the online HTML/CSS course here
- Make sure to follow all the parts of the course – it will take you between two and five hours to complete it
- It is recommended to create an account to easily save your progress
- After finishing the HTML/CSS course, please use the skills from that course to build a small webpage through CodePen over here
- Make sure to make an account to save your progress
- The website can be about anything you want (your hobby, an animal, a country), but make sure to use both HTML and CSS and to use all the different things you have learned during the course (make different styling, insert images, create different elements, etc.)
Once you have made the webpage, please send us the direct link to your CodePen webpage. If you reach the required level, you can continue to the final step of the MigraCode application process.
30m – 45m
The final part of the application process is to have a final interview with Vincent or Carlos. Don’t worry, it will be a relaxed interview just to get to know you better and to answer any questions you may have!
During this interview, you can be as open as you want and inform us about any doubts you may have.
If for some reason you are not selected, you can always apply again for the next course.
Are you ready?
Have you read all the documentation and requirements?
Are you dedicated enough to join this new challenge?
Then you can apply for our upcoming course now.